AWS Billing Account
Connect an AWS billing account to explore your cloud expenses and view financial optimization opportunities.
You willI need permissions within your organization to set up IAM access to your billing data. Contact your security team for assistance.
To connect an AWS billing account to Sedai, navigate to Integrations and click Add Integration, then Billing Account. Choose AWS for your provider and complete the following steps:
Choose the data you wish to grant Sedai access to. You can select one or both of the following options:
- Cost and Usage Reports (CUR): Used to provide spending insights and optimization opportunities. Note: connecting to CURs requires access to an S3 bucket where monthly data is currently stored.
- Billing API: Used to create purchasing commitment recommendations
To receive optimal cost optimizations, it’s best to integrate both.
This allows Sedai to create a Sedai policy and attach it to a new IAM Role. Click the Set up with CloudFormation button; this will launch your AWS Console in a new tab (note: make sure you are already logged into your account). Follow the CloudFormation setup process and copy the Role ARN from the Outputs tab once complete.
To connect CURs, you will need the following information:
- S3 URL: The S3 URL is typically in the format ‘https://s3-<region>.amazonaws.com/<bucket-name>’ . Please use the bucket where your Cost Usage and Reports data is currently housed.
- Region and Bucket Name: To find both, log into your AWS Console and search for and select “S3” in the top search bar. This takes you to a list of S3 buckets where you can locate your bucket name and region.
- Report Path Prefix: Enter the Report Path Prefix used within your own application or data management process.
Once all inputs are populated, click the Test Connection button. If the connection fails, please double-check that you've entered the correct information in each field.
Cost analysis and savings opportunities will populate in the Cost pages once the necessary data has been gathered (this may take awhile).
To set up an IAM Role manually, follow these steps:
- 1.From your AWS Console, search for and selection IAM in the top search bar.
- 2.Under Access Management in the left-hand panel, click Roles
- 3.Select Create Role
- 4.Select AWS Account as the Trusted Entity
- 5.Enter Sedai’s AWS Account ID: 504216784688
- 7.Create the role.
- 8.Copy the Role ARN and paste into Sedai.